Stenciling!

WC 51-60, WC 62,63

Stenciling!

Postby ng19delta » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:35 am

(Please excuse the poor photographs- when the battery is weak, the camera gets worse...)

Well, I needed to take a break from working on the TR6 for a little bit today, so I decided to FINALLY stencil the WC51... She now bears her original hood number, as well as a 4th Armored/25th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron (Mechanized), D Troop assignment... Years ago, I formed a 4th Armd/25th Cav reenactment group- back in the 80's actually, and had that impression for some time... I knew a lot of the original cast through that impression, and actually went to their convention in 1986 IIRC... Anyway, I am planning to get back int that hobby, and understand there is a 4th Armd group running around, so I may look them up- My original group split up years ago... And I picked "42" for a couple reasons: First it is a 42 WC... Second a WC 51 probably would not be on the actual TO&E of a Cav Troop at that time: not to say one wouldn't be acquired, and it would most likely carry a higher number than a jeep...(As a cargo) Third, it is the answer to the question of the meaning of life...(We just don't know the question)

Anyway, I also named the truck: As I stated several years ago, she is named for Henry McBride, who was a WWII veteran, auto parts store owner, and a mentor for me with Willys Jeeps... He owned a shop in Berlin NJ for many years, and passed away back in the late 80s/early 90s... As I said, he was a mentor to me: I always enjoyed going by his shop, and spending time chatting with him, looking over his collection, and basically learning... He also had a 1/2 ton Dodge, but I don't know the model. (Ernie Baals could tell you- He and his dad knew Henry from the NJ Military Vehicle Club)

So on to the pics:
I've seen some original photos with the hood number repeated inside, so I did so...

I shot all the stencils as they do in the military- a quick, relatively neat, but not perfect job... I am quite happy with them... I still have to make the shipping stencil, rear warnings & the hood star & put them on, but I got a good start today...

Scott
ng19delta

Re: Stenciling!

Postby tankdriver » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:35 am

Looking good.

But I'll confess, on mine I used Rick Larsen vinyl stencils on the bumpers.
WC63...1942 M3 Autocar...M3A1 Diamond T...57mm Anti-Tank

Have owned...M5A1 Stuart

Have Restored...M20

President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member
tankdriver

Return to 3/4 Ton (also 1 1/2 6x6) WC Dodge